Clue is the world’s fastest growing period tracking and fertility app. We are a 45-person, VC-backed startup based in Berlin. Every month, millions of users track data about their bodies in Clue’s iOS and Android apps. With every data point, Clue users gain knowledge about their own health, impact the entire community of Clue users and advance reproductive health care globally. Here’s some media coverage about us. We at Clue are committed to a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect.
Our senior researcher will create advances in female health, by conducting original biomedical research and research collaborations. The aim of this research is to impact the daily lives of Clue users through new services and features, and to forward Clue’s reputation as a leader in health research.
The senior researcher is passionate about reproductive health (and femtech), and is well connected within the field. They have a strong grasp on current research and gaps of knowledge, and understand the potential of our data set. They have significant experience in research methodology, management and publishing, presenting at conferences and in working with large data sets. At Clue they will create and manage high-profile university collaborations, and plan and execute internal research studies that directly benefit Clue users - by identifying possible insights, as well as diagnostic and research potential within the app.
- Strategize, create and manage several external research collaborations with partnering universities
- Independently spearhead the development and execution of internal studies, including methodology and publishing
- Develop and test predictive models, using theoretically grounded hypotheses
- Provide short-term deliverables at various stages of collaborative research, in collaboration with liaisons
- Manage team timelines (we are a fast moving startup which is really different from a research organization)
- Work with product and content teams to ensure research provides user benefit, and to optimize Clue for that user-benefit research
- Act as a liaison between internal data scientists and external partners
- Work with data scientists to draw new findings from our data, with the goal of forwarding the understanding of female health
- Manage communications with the Clue Medical Board
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- PhD, postdoc or later in related field, with a focus on reproductive health
- 5+ years experience in planning, designing and analysing research
- Experience securing research grants for independent projects
- At least 2 manuscripts accepted or published as a first or a senior author and at least two oral presentations at reproductive health conferences in the past two years
- Experience working abroad (it’s important for you to be familiar with the clinical world in both the US and EU)
- Published in journals with an impact factor of 5 or higher
- Business experience in the healthtech sector
- Experience working with journalists and media releases
At Clue, we offer everyone a competitive salary and participation in our all-employee option pool. We believe in providing our team with little extras that are high quality and meaningful. For example, we currently give everyone opt-in access to free private sessions from a qualified professional coach on a weekly basis, have plenty of healthy snacks and a fancy coffee machine. We also offer free yoga classes once per week and have two team catered meals per week.