Senior Backend Engineer
As a VC-backed startup based in Berlin, Clue is on a mission to advance the state of menstrual and reproductive health.
We reach over 10 million people every month via our Android and iOS apps, helping them track data about their bodies, and gain insights into their health. Our website, helloclue.com, is filled with a vast array of articles on the topic of menstrual health, helping to close the global knowledge gap on these topics. We also further our mission by publishing the outcomes of our scientific research in conjunction with top universities and institutes.
About the role
- Be part of a cross-functional team of engineers, product owners, and data scientists
- Design, build, and deploy backend services, processing and securely storing health data for millions of users
- Help maintain and monitor our existing microservices, built with Typescript and Kotlin
- Support us in improving our delivery pipelines, from GitHub to Jenkins to Kubernetes
- Work closely with our mobile app, data, BI, and support teams to troubleshoot problems
- Several years of real-world experience building and operating distributed backend systems used by many concurrent users
- Experience with Node.js and Typescript would be a plus
- Good knowledge of unit and integration testing techniques
- Experience with microservices, Docker, and Kubernetes is a plus
- A grasp of the importance of writing good documentation, for developers, as well as for other colleagues
- Good communication skills — talking to product owners, support teams, etc.
At Clue, we offer everyone a competitive salary and participation in our all-employee option pool. We believe in providing our team with little extras that are high quality and meaningful. For example, we currently give everyone opt-in access to free private sessions from a qualified professional coach on a weekly basis, have plenty of healthy snacks and a fancy coffee machine. We also offer free yoga classes once per week and have two team catered meals per week.