Research Data Analyst
Clue is the most trusted female health tracking app enabling women to make good choices for themselves and live full lives not in spite of their biology but in tune with it. We are a 50-person, VC-backed startup based in Berlin. Every month, millions of users track data about their bodies in Clue’s iOS and Android apps. With every data point, Clue users gain knowledge about their own health, impact the entire community of Clue users, and advance reproductive healthcare globally. We also have a robust website containing in depth female health information online. We at Clue are committed to a culture of diversity and mutual respect.
-Work closely with the Director of Scientific Research to facilitate collaborations with academic and medical researchers using Clue data to advance knowledge of female health
-Perform data manipulation to create data sets for collaborators and for internal research
-Conduct statistical analyses for scientific studies of Clue’s data
-Contribute to the production of published scientific papers of research findings
-Produce graphics suitable for scientific publications and for use on Clue’s website
-Work with Clue’s team of data scientists to stay current on data management practices
-Work with Clue’s content team to create web content conveying scientific findings to Clue users and others across the globe
This position offers opportunities to interact with and contribute to a global community of scientists from a range of disciplines, all working to advance female health and well-being.
- You have a strong interest and ability in furthering Clue’s relationships with academic researchers (for example, prior work with academic research projects).
- You’re experienced in basic data analysis and manipulation (for example, coding for manipulation of large data sets). Familiarity with SQL, and Python or R.
- You have experience with classical (frequentist) and/or Bayesian statistics and hypothesis testing.
We would love if you had
- Experience with female health research or behavioral science
- Experience in creating data visualizations
- Experience with AWS
- Advanced statistical skills (e.g., multilevel models, time series)
- Familiarity with data anonymization and de-identification techniques and best practices
At Clue, we offer everyone a competitive salary and participation in our all-employee option pool. We believe in providing our team with little extras that are high quality and meaningful. For example, we currently give everyone opt-in access to free private sessions from a qualified professional coach on a weekly basis, have plenty of healthy snacks and a fancy coffee machine. We also offer free yoga classes once per week and have two team catered meals per week.