QA (Working student)
QA Student Position
Clue is the world’s fastest-growing period tracking and fertility app. We are a 45-person, VC-backed startup based in Berlin. Every month, millions of users track data about their bodies in Clue’s iOS and Android apps. With every data point, Clue users gain knowledge about menstrual and reproductive health, get insights into their body's individual patterns,their own health, impact the entire community of Clue users, and advance reproductive health care globally. Here’s some media coverage about us. We at Clue are committed to a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect.
You are a student looking for work experience in the field of software testing, interested in preventing and solving real-world issues. You have attention to detail, are methodical in your process of work, and have a strong passion for female health. You are up-to-date with the latest technology and enjoy investigating how it works. When you try new apps, you approach them critically, seeing both their strong points and areas that could use improvement. You have good communication skills and can give both positive and negative feedback on others’ work in a constructive way. When working on a project, you care about what it is you’re building and how it impacts the lives of others.
At Clue, you will be the user’s voice in the team, making sure that those using the app have the smoothest experience possible when interacting with it. You will be part of one of our multi-disciplinary and diverse teams working to create new user-facing app features and add further user value to existing ones. You will also belong to the Quality chapter, in which we coordinate testing effort needed between teams and support the development of a quality mindset throughout the organization.
You will have a chance to learn a lot in this position over your time with us. You will get to observe how a mobile development team works on a day-to-day basis and what the development process looks like. You’ll learn how to turn acceptance criteria, offline messages, and meeting notes into test plans (and execute them). You’ll also find out how a tester can help reduce the risk associated with releases. Depending on your skillset and available time, you may get to dig deeper into other testing-related skills: scripting and test automation, product development, data analysis, and more.
Please address your cover letter to Natasha.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional Clue development team of mobile engineers, designers, product owners and backend developers to write test plans for new features
- Execute manual tests of user-facing features to check the user-friendliness, functionality, localization, and other aspects of the app
- Report testing feedback to the team
- Tech-savvy—you are up-to-date with mobile devices, new technologies, and trends..
- Thorough—you have an eye for detail and can anticipate what’s missing.
- Curious—you’ll ask the right “what if” questions to get the full picture of how a feature is meant to work and what edge cases there may be.
- Adaptable—when requirements or circumstances change, you are able to adjust your test plan accordingly.
- Friendly—you do talk a lot about bugs, but are able to do it productively, without blame.
- Speaks English—that’s the official language of the Clue office, so you should be comfortable communicating professionally.
- BONUS: Proactive—you have a drive to improve how you work, be more efficient, or make the job easier for others.
Naturally, we provide all you need to meet the requirements of your position: the necessary devices (a computer and a variety of testing phones), a desk at our Kreuzberg office, and a variety of drinks and snacks. You are also welcome to participate our weekly traditions: a catered Monday lunch and a Thursday breakfast at the office. We also believe in providing our team with little extras that are high quality and meaningful to each individual. Everyone at Clue can participate in “Body Tuesday” a dedicated hour for exercise, during which you can take part in an onsite yoga class, a group session with a fitness trainer, or any activity of your choice. If during your time with us you prove to be a good fit for the team, you may get the opportunity to stay on board as a long-term employee and enjoy some additional benefits: two offsites per year, an education budget for our employee's professional growth, and the opportunity to have one-on-one sessions with a career coach.