Strategic Communications Manager
Clue is the world’s fastest growing period tracking and fertility app. We are a 55-person, VC-backed startup based in Berlin. Every month, millions of users track data about their bodies in Clue’s iOS and Android apps. With every data point, Clue users gain knowledge about their own health, impact the entire community of Clue users and advance reproductive health care globally. Here’s some media coverage about us. We at Clue are committed to a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect.
We are looking to hire a strategic communications manager who has experience communicating a company’s vision, voice, and values to both an internal and external audience. The ideal candidate has a background in either PR, journalism, or both. A knowledge of what stories matter, what news is trending where, what Clue should comment on - and what Clue should avoid commenting on - is crucial in this position.
This role will work on various communication projects, including global user surveys and research, PR and media strategies, copywriting, and product marketing efforts. You will work closely with the Content Lead and Design Lead. You have a precise attention to detail, a creative mindset, and the ability to steer and deliver successful campaigns and projects.
- Own speaking points and external messaging for the Clue founders, product, and brand
- Manage the development, production, and promotion of our global user surveys (for example, our sex and tech survey)
- Lead PR strategy and manage communications with our external PR agency
- Lead product marketing and outreach for the Clue app, including messaging, positioning, and promotion of new features and other product-related milestones
- Provide input into content development and creative campaigns by other teams, such as Content and Growth.
- Be the point person for any crisis communications that may arise
- At least 5 years experience in PR, journalism, or communications strategy, ideally in the tech or media industries
- Native English speaker and proficient writer, editor, and communicator
- Conscientious attention to detail
- Self-driven and creative person with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Bonus if you have worked in health or women-focused media/products
This position is based in Berlin.
At Clue, we offer everyone a competitive salary and participation in our all-employee option pool. We believe in providing our team with little extras that are high quality and meaningful. For example, we currently give everyone opt-in access to free private sessions from a qualified professional coach on a weekly basis, have plenty of healthy snacks and a fancy coffee machine. We also offer free yoga classes once per week and have two team catered meals per week.