Clue is the world’s fastest growing period tracking and fertility app. We are a 45-person, VC-backed startup based in Berlin. Every month, millions of users track data about their bodies in Clue’s iOS and Android apps. With every data point, Clue users gain knowledge about their own health, impact the entire community of Clue users, and advance reproductive healthcare globally. Here’s some media coverage about us. We at Clue are committed to a culture of diversity and mutual respect.
About the role
At Clue, brand is the unifying force that aligns all our activities. That is why this role is absolutely central to us. We are looking not only for an individual with the right technical skills but also one with whom we feel kinship. We don’t want to stagnate, so while it’s important to share some fundamental agreements, we are also open to someone who can expand who we are.
We are looking to hire a VP Brand who has experience developing and communicating a company’s vision, voice, and values.
Solidify Clue’s position as the leading and trusted brand for scientifically accurate information and personalized insights about female health:
- Evolve Clue’s brand positioning and messaging from period app to lifelong companion, especially focusing on our ethical stance and values
- Implement new processes to ensure that the brand is expressed across the company
- Evolve Clue’s visual language and brand expression across all channels
- You have proven experience in a leadership role that applied brand vision and strategy across an entire organization.
- You have led a rebranding, refresh, or an ambitious campaign.
- You have a data- and research-informed brand strategy approach.
- You are a high-level strategic thinker and hands-on project lead.
- You have experience leading a large team.
- You have experience shaping a company or organization’s roadmap.
- You have experience in brand development of a mission-driven company or nonprofit.
- Grasp of the competitive landscape in which Clue operates and set a vision for Clue’s brand positioning continually, conducting regular quantitative and qualitative research
- Evolve the Clue brand every day, building on our strengths, focusing on our mission, and knowing when to make a sharp turn when needed.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of the latest in female health research, technology, gender, and society, and develop a vision for where Clue fits in all of those areas—1 year, 5 years, and 10 years from now.
- Figure out how to communicate the complexities of a brand rooted in reproductive/female health, as well as topics of data, trust, intersectionality, gender, and equality—and how to do it at scale on a global scene
- Create, lead and manage novel projects of small and large scale, to spread Clue’s message
- Work in collaboration with the company’s founders and chief executives to make sure the brand is proactively developed and expressed in product, finance, and decision-making
- Execute communication of what the Clue brand stands for internally and externally
- Working with the content, design, product, science, and support teams to ensure that all communications and messaging is on brand and aligns with our values—create cohesion between team goals and focuses
- Tell our story—and the story of femtech—in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with journalists, business stakeholders, potential Clue users, and existing Clue users
- Experience setting high-level KPIs and budgets to measure and track performance against goals
- Manage the creative and events team, while also working each day with nearly every team at the company to make sure that the brand lives in the product and outside of it
- Lead a super smart team of talented and creative individuals
- Help guide the science research team to do work that best support Clue’s brand
The human qualities we hope to see
- Heartfelt passion for menstrual/reproductive health and technology
- Strong creative force
- High sensibility to visual language
- Intimate with our tone of voice
- Value alignment with Clue, while always asking the hard questions
- High emotional intelligence and ability to connect to our user base
- Courage to set a direction
What you are good at
- English speaker and proficient writer, editor, and communicator
- Experienced in leading teams and developing other team leads
- Self-driven and creative person with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Great networker within the organization with high-impact level to get things done
How you will interact with the rest of the Clue team
- You will work closely with the founders and Management team to define Clue’s brand positioning and core messages. Together with the VP Growth you will formulate key initiatives that will enhance the brand, get Clue to more users, and help drive our monetization efforts. Between the two of you, you will align all activities related to branding, marketing and growth. This includes not only known channels, but also experimental marketing initiatives.
- You will work closely with strategic communications and content teams to craft messaging that aligns with the brand, advocate the brand and supports activities around product.
- You will help guide team members working on events, PR, content, design, copy, product, and science research including surveys to ensure that all activities are on brand, building teams and allocating resources necessary to our efforts
What to do now?
Tell us why you want to spend your precious time at Clue. Tell us about what drives you. And then we talk. Your CV is important but it’s the cover letter that will get us excited.
At Clue, we offer everyone a competitive salary and participation in our all-employee option pool. We believe in providing our team with little extras that are high quality and meaningful. For example, we currently give everyone opt-in access to free private sessions from a qualified professional coach on a weekly basis, have plenty of healthy snacks and a fancy coffee machine. We also offer free yoga classes once per week and have two team catered meals per week.