Senior Product Designer
Clue is the world’s fastest growing period tracking and fertility app. We are a 45-person, VC-backed startup based in Berlin. Every month, millions of users track data about their bodies in Clue’s iOS and Android apps. With every data point, Clue users gain knowledge about their own health, impact the entire community of Clue users, and advance reproductive healthcare globally. Here’s some media coverage about us. We at Clue are committed to a culture of diversity and mutual respect.
Good design can change lives. That’s why design, together with science, is at the center of everything we do. This is a full time position based in our Berlin office. You’ll play a key role in moving the product forward with an emphasis on interaction design, usability and visual engagement. You’ll help consolidate our unique interaction & visual style by utilizing and developing our current design systems and guidelines to create consistency across all features and platforms. You’ll rapidly iterate and shape the user experience from testing raw concepts through to final production. You’ll be working closely with the product directors, managers, developers, researchers and data scientists. Together with the design team, you’ll help delivering a product that impacts millions of people.
You love design and obsess over details. You are able to lead and structure a design team. You convey ideas quickly and enjoy open discussion and constructive feedback. You’re organized, are able to multitask and work independently. You enjoy developing and using design systems and style guides. You’re interested in embracing and improving the brand identity through interactions, iconography, colors, shapes, type, and motion. You invest in your own development by reading and writing articles, or attending workshops and conferences. You’re enthusiastic about female health and Clue’s mission.
- 3+ years experience in interface design with a strong focus on mobile products and startup processes.
- Solid theoretical and professional knowledge of interaction design, user experience, design research and creative methods.
- You are able to work independently as a designer who is part of a cross-functional team.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with English fluency.
- Excellent knowledge of design tools – e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. – and prototyping tools – e.g. Principle, Marvel, Framer.js, etc.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates your skills and ideation process in delivering coherent user experiences with a unique visual character.
- Interactive prototyping skills.
- Motion design skills are a plus.
At Clue, we offer everyone a competitive salary and participation in our all-employee option pool. We believe in providing our team with little extras that are high quality and meaningful. For example, we currently give everyone opt-in access to free private sessions from a qualified professional coach on a weekly basis, have plenty of healthy snacks and a fancy coffee machine. We also offer free yoga classes once per week and have two team catered meals per week.