Clue’s mission is to enable women and people with cycles to make good choices for themselves and live full lives not in spite of their biology but in tune with it.
Clue is at a pivotal and exciting point in our journey. With 10 million monthly active users globally and fast-paced growth, we are building out our platform, monetization, and team to support our continued success. We have received $20 million in funding from top tier firms, Union Square Ventures, Mosaic Ventures, and Nokia Ventures. The company has received much attention from TechCrunch and was nominated Best App at the 2017 awards.
Good design can change lives. That’s why design, together with science, is at the center of everything we do. This is a full time position based in our Berlin office. You’ll play a key role in moving the product forward with an emphasis on interaction design, usability and visual engagement. You’ll rapidly iterate and shape the user experience from testing raw concepts through to final production. You’ll be working closely with the product owners, developers, researchers and data scientists, and together with the rest of the design team, you’ll help deliver a product that impacts millions of people.
You always put the user first. You love design and obsess over details and consistency (though not for the sake of it). You convey ideas quickly and enjoy open discussion and constructive feedback. You’re organized and are able to work independently. You thrive in fast-paced, iterative, and agile startup environments. You’re interested in deeply understanding the brand values and reflecting them through interactions, iconography, colors, shapes, type, and motion. You are insatiably curious about design related topics and actively invest in your own professional development. You’re passionate about female health and Clue’s mission, and you live the Clue values (Care, Love for science, Users first, Effort).
- 5+ years experience in product design with a strong focus on interaction design and mobile products, combined with experience working in scrappy startups.
- Solid theoretical and professional knowledge of interaction design, user experience, design research, and ideation methods.
- You are able to work independently as a designer while staying accountable to a cross-functional team.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with English fluency.
- Mastery of design tools – e.g. Sketch – and interactive prototyping tools – e.g. Principle, Marvel, Framer.js, etc.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates your skills and ideation process in delivering coherent user experiences with a unique visual character.
- Motion design skills are a plus.
At Clue, we offer everyone a competitive salary and participation in our all-employee option pool. We believe in providing our team with little extras that are high quality and meaningful. For example, we currently give everyone opt-in access to free private sessions from a qualified professional coach on a weekly basis, have plenty of healthy snacks and a fancy coffee machine. We also offer free yoga classes once per week and have two team catered meals per week.