Senior UX/ UI Designer
Clue is the world’s fastest growing period tracking and fertility app. We are a 45-person, VC-backed startup based in Berlin. Every month, millions of users track data about their bodies in Clue’s iOS and Android apps. With every data point, Clue users gain knowledge about their own health, impact the entire community of Clue users, and advance reproductive healthcare globally. Here’s some media coverage about us. We at Clue are committed to a culture of diversity and mutual respect.
Good design can change lives. That’s why design, together with science, is at the center of everything we do. You’ll play a key role in moving the product forward with an emphasis on interaction design, usability and visual engagement. You’ll help consolidate our unique interaction & visual style by utilizing and developing our current design systems and guidelines to create consistency across all features and platforms. You’ll rapidly iterate and shape the user experience from testing raw concepts through to final production. You’ll be working closely with the product directors, managers, developers, researchers and data scientists. Together with the design team, you’ll help delivering a product that impacts millions of people.
- Want to know more about Clue’s design principles?
Watch Mike’s presentation at Design Matters 2015.
Read Mike’s article about the importance of emotion in design.
Read Lorenzo’s article on the speeds of mobile interaction.
- Want to learn more about Clue’s work culture?
Read this piece about our offsites.
You love design and obsess over details. You are able to lead and structure a design team. You convey ideas quickly and enjoy open discussion and constructive feedback. You’re organized, are able to multitask and work independently. You enjoy developing and using design systems and style guides. You’re interested in embracing and improving the brand identity through interactions, iconography, colors, shapes, type, and motion. You invest in your own development by reading and writing articles, or attending workshops and conferences. You’re enthusiastic about female health and Clue’s mission.
- 5+ years experience in interface design with a strong focus on team leadership, mobile products and startup processes.
- Solid theoretical and professional knowledge of interaction design, user experience, design research and creative methods.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with English fluency.
- Excellent knowledge of design tools – e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. – and prototyping tools – e.g. Principle, Marvel, Framer.js, Invision, Prott, etc.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates your skills in delivering coherent user experiences with a unique visual character.
- Interactive prototyping skills.
- Motion design skills.
Everyone at Clue is offered a fair salary and participation in our all-employee option pool. We believe in providing our team with little extras that are high quality and meaningful. For example, we currently give everyone opt-in access to free private sessions from a qualified professional coach on a weekly basis. As our team grows and develops, we will continue to provide relevant and rewarding benefits.